- Day 01: Cusco – Soraypampa – Lake Humantay – Soyroccocha
- Day 02: Soyroccocha – Paso Salkantay – Glacial lake – Colpapampa
DAY 01: CUSCO – SORAYPAMPA – LAKE HUMANTAY – SOYROCCOCHA
We pick you up at 5:00 am from your hotel to the town of Mollepata. On the way, you can enjoy seeing some local towns such as Izcuchaca and Limatambo. In addition, you will have spectacular views of the impressive valleys and the famous Salkantay mountains covered with snow. Arriving at the town of Mollepata we will have a delicious Andean breakfast, and you also have time to go around Mollepata. After an hour in Mollepata, we continue in the same car to Soraypampa.
Putting on our comfortable shoes, we take a 1-hour walk to Lake Humantay, enjoying the incredible views that surround us. When arriving at Humantay, we take the time to explore the lake and enjoy its beauty. After spending time at Lake Humantay, we returned to the trailhead in Soraypampa and then walked 2 more hours to our camp located in Soyroccocha. There we enjoyed tea time and then dinner. We sleep early, ready for the walk of the next days.
- Accommodation: camping facilities
- Distance: 10kms / 6 miles
- Time: approximately 6 hours
DAY 02: SOYROCCOCHA – PASO SALKANTAY – LAKE GLACIAL – COLPAPAMPA
After a delicious breakfast, prepare for a moderate climb on your second day of hiking. In one hour, you will reach the highest point of the hike (4,650 m / 15,367 ft). From here, we relax and enjoy nature in its purest form, feeling at the height of the huge snow-covered mountains of Salkantay (6,217 m / 20,717 ft), Humantay and Huayanay, the white and steep rivers of the area and the lakes small and humble Outside the main trek route, we take a side walk for half an hour to enjoy the panoramic and truly exquisite Salkantay turquoise lake. Returning to our main trekking route, we will walk towards our original beginning, where we will have our lunch, and then we will take our van back to Cusco arriving at 6 pm in the afternoon.
- Meals: Breakfast – Lunch
- Distance: 12kms / 9 miles
- Time: approximately 7 hours
- Pick up from the hotel in Cusco
- Private transportation to Soraypampa, starting point of the tour
- Food 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 dinner. All these meals are prepared by our chef and his assistant.
- Professional guide during the whole trip (English and Spanish)
- Trekking sticks
- Coca tea is served every morning in your store
- Transfer to the hotel at the end of the tour
- Emergency riding horse
- Sleeping Bag, you can rent in our office ($ 20.00 for the entire trip).
- Trekking poles, you can rent in our office (the $ 15.00 USD for the entire trip).
RECOMMENDATIONS TO BRING
- Small backpack
- Original passport
- Warm clothing
- Rain clothes
- Trekking pants
- Trekking poles (can be rented at the agency)
- Camera with spare batteries
- Water bottle
- Sleeping bag (can be rented at the agency)
- Headlight (very important)
- Insect repellent
- Toilet paper
- Small towel