- Day 1: Cusco – Mollepata – MarcoQasa – Humantay Lake – Soraypampa
- Day 2: Soraypampa – Salkantay Pass – Chaullay – La Playa – Lucmabamba Coffe Camp
- Day 3: Lucmabamba Coffe Camp – Inca Trail Via Llactapata – Hydroelectric – Aguas Calientes
- Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
DAY 1: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – MARCOQASA – HUMANTAY LAKE – SORAYPAMPA
We leave Cusco at 5:00 am in a private transport company to get to Mollepata (2900 masl), passing by the middle of Izcuchaca and Limatambo, arriving at our destination Mollepata around 7:30 am where we will stop for about 40 minutes to have a breakfast and present to all our team who will accompany us during the next 03 days of the trip, then we have 30 more minutes in the car to get to Marco qasa.
Here we will start our first day of walking, we will have five hours of walking to the camp; On the hike we can enjoy the majestic snow of Humantay (5480 masl), walk in the mountains of the Andes to reach the camp of Soraypampa, where we will have a delicious lunch and a short break.
In the afternoon we will visit a beautiful lagoon located very close to the glacier “Lagoon of Humantay”, the walk to this lagoon is 1 hour to go up hill and 1 hour to go down, we will have an average of 45 minutes to explore the lagoon, take photos and have an informative talk by our professional guide. Back in our camp Soraypampa (3900 masl) we will have the “tea time” where our guests can enjoy the famous coca tea to counteract altitude sickness and where our guide will explain a bit more about the area we are in, then Let’s enjoy the Andean night sky to understand a little more about Andean astronomy. Then we will have dinner and then go to rest to be ready for the next day, which will be harder all the way (camp night in our luxury Domes of Soraypampa).
1ST DAY: Total distance: 15 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 7-8 hours
Maximum altitude point: 3,800 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 3,800 m (aprox.)
DAY 2: SORAYPAMPA – SALKANTAY PASS – CHAULLAY – LA PLAYA – LUCMABAMBA COFFE CAMP
After having our Salkantay Trek breakfast we start walking about 5:30 am ,because this day will be the longest day the first 4 hours is uphill to get the highest point of the Salkantay Trek (4650m/15200ft) located halfway between 2 huge mountains; Salkantay on the right and Tucarhuay on the left. From the pass, the views of the 2 snow-capped mountains are incredible. There is a possibility of snow here.
After a rest, we will continue our walk (downhill) through a dramatic cloud forest towards Huayracpunku, where we will have lunch. We hike again after lunch in the direction of the start of the jungle until we reach Chaullay Where we take our Local transportation for 1 hour to Get our Lucmabamba Coffe Campsite.
The Reason we stay at this campsite is because the next day we will climb up to mountain where you will find one of the most beautiful inca trail site which is known as Llactapata and you will also see Machu Picchu City from this point.
2ND DAY:Total distance: 19 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 8 – 9 hours
Maximum altitude point: 4,650 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 2,750 m (aprox.)
DAY 3: LUCMABAMBA COFFE CAMP – INCA TRAIL VIA LLACTAPATA – HYDROELECTRIC – AGUAS CALIENTES
After breakfast, at 6.30am, we start walking through the upper jungle crossing the Lluskamayo River and a variety of little brooks to reach La Playa walking about 6 hours. Today we will pass through valleys and have wonderful views of waterfalls, tropical fruits ,plants and as soon as we are at la playa place horses will go back to Mollepata on taking the same Salkantay Trek and after haing lunch we Take a local car to get Hydroelectric station to start walking 2 more hours by taking the railrodad to Aguas Calientes.
3RD DAY:Total distance: 16 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 6-7 hours
Maximum altitude point: 2,750 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 1,600 m (aprox.)
DAY 4: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Salkantay trek important day ,We wake up early morning about 4 am to then to 4:30 to have the breakfast and leave to walk up to Machupicchu which takes one and half hours up to machupicchu but there is another option to catch the first bus which leaves 5:30 to Machupicchu (25-minutes long) in order to appreciate the magnificent city as the sun is rising.
A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your Guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves. If you still have energy you can also climb Huaynapicchu (2720m/8890ft)!!! It takes 45 minutes to reach the top.and after enjoying machupicchu you have to go down to aguas calientes to take the train back to ollantaytambo and then car back to cusco.
4TH DAY:Total distance: 4 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 1- 2 hours
Maximum altitude point: 2,700 m (aprox.)
- Private Tourist Transportation To Mollepata and Extra 1 hour to Challacancha or Marqocasa to get better views and skip the dusty road. (We never share Bus service with other companies as most agencies do here to minimize costs)
- – English – Spanish speaking guide for 4 days of the Salkantay and Machupicchu.(All our Guides work for us only) All of them speak Fluent English.
- 2 Nights in Dome at SORAYPAMPA & LUCMABAMBA COFFE CAMPSITE ( Twin bed room, Matrimonial bed room, 3 beds room, 4 beds room Accomodation)
- Day 1: Soraypampa Campsite at our Geodesic dome
- Day 2: Lucmabamba Coffee Campsite at our Geodesic dome
- Day 3: Aguas Calientes Hotel Accomodation
- Accomodation Overnight in Aguas Calientes(Twin bed room with Private bathroom and shower) Night 3
- Return Tourist Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and car Transfer to Cusco
- Cook and assistance of the Cook.(We have chosen the best cook/cheffs and all are trained by Machu Picchu Viajes Peru every month)
- Cooking equipment (We use New cooking equipment and change all every 3 months)
- Snacks (Fruits, energy bars)
- Daily tea service (Wake up Coca tea and afternoon tea time(Happy hour) with full of popcorn and special snacks made by our cooks)
- Dining equipment including portable chairs and tables
- Food service in the campsites (3 breakfast, 3 lunches, 3 dinners, 3 snacks) – nutritionally balanced menu: Buffet style Plenty of food you will never be hungry with us! as well as Guinea Pig for free because we want you to taste all from Peru.
- Vegetarian and free Gluten menu at no extra cost (Please let us know at the time of booking)
- Transportation La Playa to Hydroelectrica Day 3 (For our Staff)
- Horseman and Horses.(To carry our camping equipment, food and 7 kilos of your personal stuff, We Never overload our Horses (well Animal Welfare). And we will Provide you a Duffel bag (at The Breifing Time) for all your personal stuff to be carried by horses.
- Salkantay Trek and Machupicchu entrance fees, valid for 4 days
- Insurance policy of life for porters and cooks.
- Visit to Machu Picchu on the 4th day (2 hours guide tour to explore the whole incan site)
- Camping equipment and basic field equipment for our cooks as well as adecuate clothing like: (Sleeping bag, Mat, Jacket, T-shirt, pant, rain poncho, shoes, hat, belts, proper backpack to carry the equipment)
- Private Transportation from the train station of Ollantaytambo to Cusco(2 hours drive) and drop off at the hotel.(we only use our Private Transportation. so you will never wait at the train station)
- First-aid kit (Our Guide will carry while on the Inca Trail) Please, note all our Guides are trained every year in first-aid)
- Emergency oxygen bottle (Our guide will carry while on the Trail)
- Rain waterproof cover for your day backpacks
- Pre trek Orientation – briefing A day before we do the Trek. (Hotel or Office) Let us know once you are at the office or by email.
- Water for Driking: we will supply with filtered and boiled water and your bottles will be filled at each meal time. Please, bring enough water for the 1st day.
- Extra expenses
- Breakfast – Day 1
- Lunch and dinner – Day 4
- Not detailed meals
- Tips (optional)
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please): Machu Picchu Viajes Peru highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
RECOMMENDATIONS TO BRING
- Original passport and copies and Student card . Note ( you have to bring your student card to machu picchu because you are going to be required to show at the Machupicchu control point
- Travel Insurance card is essential
- hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Sun hat and gloves
- T-shirts / shirts
- Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
- Rain pants
- Bathing suit (for hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 25 recommended )
- Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
- Water bottle.
- Water purifying tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper and wet wipes
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight) we recommend headlights
- Extra contribution suggested in soles money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency.
- Previous acclimatization in Cuzco city, for at least 2 days and general good health. Machu Picchu Viajes Peru offers easy one day and half day routes which can be completed before the main trek